Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Fury by Alexander Gordon Smith

The Fury is written by the author of the Escape from the Furnace series.  Now, I haven't read that series but my good friend, 8th grader William V., HAS and raves about them.  He also raved about this book so, even though it is the size of a brick and is 681 pages, I decided to wade in with both feet.  Boy am I glad I did.  This book really moves.  The world has gone crazy but for only a few.  People turn into fury filled killers when they come in close proximity to  the main characters.  When they are not close to them they return to their regular sensible selves.  But WHY is it happening?  That, my friends is the big question.  There is something special about these kids and as they set out to find each other and forge an alliance to protect themselves they realize they have to protect the world from something bigger and badder.  I can't be too specific because the why and the what are what propels this story forward at breakneck speed!

No comments:

Post a Comment