Thursday, June 16, 2016

Gods and Warriors by Michelle Paver

I chose to read this right after I was done with Trials of Apollo, because I was in a mythology kind of mood.  This one was very different.  Although it was an adventure, it did not involve the GREEK gods as I was thinking it would.  This book takes place in Ancient Greece, but it takes place in the Bronze Age which was long before the Ancient Greece of the gods and goddesses we are so familiar with in the Percy Jackson series.  It was still a great story with a boy on the run for his life. Hylas has escaped the "Crows" and in the process has lost his sister.  He continues to search for her as he hides from these powerful warriors.  He finds himself helping the daughter of a High Priestess.  Together they try to stay safe from the Crows, figure out why they are after Hylas AND find his sister.  Lots going on in this book, I haven't even mentioned Hylas' new friend, the dolphin he names Spirit!  I have purchased the 2nd and 3rd book in this series for the Irving Library and I look forward to seeing how Hylas' adventure progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment