Wednesday, April 17, 2013

13 Treasures by Michelle Harrison

I really, REALLY liked this book, but I like books about fairies, those tricky mythical creatures.  I got lost in the magic of this book.  Don't let the cover fool you, it looks like it would be right at home in an elementary school, but this book has so much going for it.  Thea is a great main character.  She can see fairies that no one else can.  When she goes to stay with her grandmother, who she is convinced does not like her, she finds herself in the middle of several mysteries.  I love the setting of this book.  I love the idea of old houses with secret passages and hidden rooms and this book has it!  This is the first in a trilogy.  I have just started the second one, "13 Curses," which we have in the library and the third will be published next year in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment