Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Choke by Diana Lopez

Windy is an 8th grade student who, if her parents would let her, would change a lot of things about herself.  She wants to be part of the "in crowd."  Nina, the new girl, maybe Windy's way in to the popular group but it may cost her her life.  This is a novel that explores a game that I hope NONE of the young adults I know ever try to play; the choking game.  It has quite the unexpected ending.  Through a lot of the book I wanted to just shake Windy because she had a really great friend but she didn't see that as enough.  She still wanted to part of the "popular crowd." I really liked the character of the best friend.  She was goofy and loyal and forgiving and very comfortable with herself and that is what I wish for everyone...just be comfortable with yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment