Thursday, May 19, 2016

No Summit Out of Sight: The True Story of the Youngest Person to Climb the Seven Summits by Jordan Romero

Because 7th grade has been reading "Everest" and "Peak," I thought I would give this book a go.  I recently watched a documentary on the Sherpa community on the Discovery Channel so I was excited to start reading.  This book was less about climbing and more about setting a goal and sticking with it till you made it.  It still had interesting information about the different mountains and things I never thought of before (like what DO you do with "human waste" when you are on a mountain) but it was more of how Jordan was inspired to do what he did and what kept him going.  This was a pretty inspiring read.  I hope it inspires YOU to go out and do something you have a passion for and stick with it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment