Friday, August 22, 2014

Skellig by David Almond

This is a wonderful book.  It has been around for about 10 years, but it has just been re-released to celebrate the 10th anniversary of it, and boy am I glad it was.  This was a book that I hated to put down.  Michael and his family move into a fixer upper, he was excited about it, but his baby sister is very sick and that is taking all of the families attention.  While Michael is exploring the falling down garage out back he makes an unexpected discovery of a very unusual being.  With his new friend, Mina, the girl next door, they try to figure out what/who this being is.  They do know he is something "extraordinary."  I really liked the character of Mina.  The author has since written a book focusing on Mina's story before she meets Michael.  "My Name is Mina" is in our collection.   I guess "Skellig" was made into a movie in 2009 but I have not seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment