Thursday, June 27, 2013

Epitaph Road by David Patneaude

Another YA Golden Sower for this year and an interesting take on the Dystopian world.  When I was a growing up in the 70s, there were no soccer leagues for girls.  My mom had to fight to get the boys soccer league to allow my sister and me to play on an all boys team.  Because of this, I know what it is like to be the "odd man out."  That is how Kellan feels only its not just in a single activity, it is within the entire world.  It is 2097 and because of a virus that hit 30 years ago 1/2 of the population has been wiped out...it just happens to be almost all of the male population.  Kellan lives in a world where women rule.  Would wars, poverty, violence and crime really disappear if only women were in charge?  I don't know about that, but I do know that I enjoyed this action packed book.  I liked how each chapter started with an epitaph (a statement about someone written in their memory, usually on a tombstone) of someone who died because of the virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment