Monday, June 24, 2013

Jessica'a Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

What a great book!  Jessica lives with her vegan parents on a "no kill" farm and has always known she was adopted.  When a gorgeous foreign exchange student shows up and tells her she is actually a vampire princess and his fiance through an age old pact, she is understandably skeptical.  This is one of those books where my feelings kept changing about the characters.  I liked how Jessica didn't immediately go all ga-ga over the supposed vampire prince.  I wasn't sure how to feel about Lucius, except his letters home to his uncle continually made me chuckle.  As the story progressed I started to like him more as you realize his upbringing didn't leave a lot of time for him to be a kid, even a vampire kid and how he was working more and more on just fitting in to this new teenage world.  I don't want to give anything away about how this story ends, you will just have to trust me and read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment