Friday, July 12, 2013

Freaky Fast Frankie Joe by Lutricia Clifton

I judged this Golden Sower by the cover and truthfully didn't want to read it.  But I did read it and I really liked it.  We moved around several times when I was little and I often felt like the "oddball."  This story is about another oddball.  Frankie Joe's mom has made some poor decisions and now Frankie Joe has to leave his home in Laredo, TX and go live with his father in Illinois.  Frankie Joe doesn't know much about his dad seeing as he they never spent time together.  He doesn't even know that he has 4 half brothers, the oldest of which is not thrilled to have Frankie Joe moving in.  I loved how Frankie Joe finds his "niche" in this book and that "home" can mean different things at different parts of your life if you let it.  I finished this cute little book in about a day and really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment