Friday, July 12, 2013

Payback Time by Carl Deuker

Carl Deuker is one of my favorite authors of sports literature.  He wrote on of my favorite books: Gym Candy.  This book focuses on Dan "Mitch" True (there is a story behind that nickname).  He is a reporter for the school paper and is always looking for the "big story."  He thinks he has found it this year when there are some unanswered questions about a new football player named Angel Marichal.  This story is action packed with both the mystery that is afoot as well as the football that is being played.  I LOVE football so I didn't mind all the "technical talk" about plays and such.  This "football talk" does happen alot in the book...Mitch is a sports writer and its written from his point of view.  I hope this doesn't keep nonfootball lovers from reading this book, because the mystery Mitch and his photographer buddy Kimi uncover is a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment