Monday, July 29, 2013

Peculiars by Maureen Doyle McQuerry

Steampunk is a type of science fiction that has new age technology but is set in an alternative history. I have not read a lot of steampunk but I thought this book looked so intriguing, I just had to try it.  Lena has turned 18 and she decides to go in search of her father who left when she was little.  She wants to know if her long hands and feet are truly a sign of "goblinism".  She fears her grandmother is right and her father is a goblin, which would make them both "Peculiars" in a society that believes peculiars should have no rights and have no souls.  It has adventure, and excitement and just a little romance.  I really enjoyed this book. I really liked the author's addition of historical references about some of the things in the book.    

No comments:

Post a Comment