Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan

  The 2nd half of this book was so intriguing it kept me reading as fast as I could!  The first part was an enjoyable realistic fiction story about Lena and her friends and family.  Although I really liked Lena, sometimes she is a bit self obsessed and her relationship with her family is a bit too sugary.  (they continually do group hugs and there is never any sighing or eye rolling like you would get with the teenagers in my house).  The second half of the story concentrates on the underwater world of the "merpeople". While the 1st part was enjoyable, the second part was enchanting.  Will Lena stay, will she go...this kept me reading.  I was hoping there would be a sequel but unfortunately, L.K. Madigan recently died of cancer which saddened me.

No comments:

Post a Comment